Starts every Saturday
For beginner hikers
Comfortable hotel accommodation
TRAVEL DATES IN 2022:
11.06 - 12.06
18.06 - 19.06
25.06 - 26.06
02.06 - 03.07
09.07 - 10.07
16.07 - 17.07
23.07 - 24.07
30.07 - 31.07
06.08 - 07.08
13.08 - 14.08
20.08 - 21.08
27.08 - 28.08
03.09 - 04.09
10.09 - 11.09
17.09 - 18.09
24.09 - 25.09
01.10 - 02.10
08.10 - 09.10
15.10 - 16.10
22.10 - 23.10
TOUR PRICE PER PERSON:
5 450 NOK for 1 person
9 160 NOK for 2 persons
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- bus transfers from/to your place of accommodation in Longyearbyen to the port
Accommodation (2 nights)
- 1 night in the hotel “Pyramiden”
- breakfast (on day 2)
- complex lunch onboard the ship (on day 1), in the restaurant or in the field (on days 2)
- 1 complex dinner in the restaurant (on day 1)
- Guided tour around the settlement
- Hiking trip according to the itinerary
- Boat trip on MS Billefjord according to the itinerary (both ways)
- Guide services
Safety equipment incl. portable radio set, satellite phone, GPS-navigator, warning beacon, etc.
Insurance covering search and rescue, evacuation costs in case of emergency
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Flight to/from and accommodation in Longyearbyen
- Other additional services
- Bar drinks or a-la carte orders beyond the tour program
- Individual travel insurance
DAY 1. SATURDAY
• 08:30am - Pick-up from your place of accommodation in Longyearbyen to the port
• 09:00am - Departure by MS Billefjord to Pyramiden by route:
Longyearbyen – Billefjord – Nordenskiold glacier – Pyramiden (5 hours)
This day is dedicated to the glaciers, bays and sea. You will enjoy the picturesque variety of landscapes of the Northern Shore of Isfjorden and have a chance to see sea mammals like walruses, seals and whales. It will be one of the most exciting days of the whole trip. Pure wildlife is around!
• Nordenskiöld Glacial Wall
On the way, you will reach a wonderful place that makes you feel tiny in this huge world – the massive Nordenskiöld Glacial Wall, it is a common spot for polar bears to hunt seals, so there is a chance to meet them both, but from the safe distance, of course.
• Lunch is served onboard MS Billefjord
• 2:00pm - Arrival in Pyramiden, check-in, unpacking
• Guided tour around Pyramiden
You’ll have a guided tour in the settlement, learn the history of the place, visit well preserved buildings of Canteen, School and Kindergarten, Swimming pool and restored Cultural House with a warm cafeteria. The atmosphere of enthusiasm and nostalgia will be there with you at the place that has been revived in the middle of nowhere by hands and hearts of the 21st century polar people.
• Dinner in the hotel restaurant
Then, before you have dinner and get to your cozy bed you will be able to enjoy the evening on the sofas and a screen playing documentary films about Pyramiden past times. There is no internet or phone connection in the settlement, so for some people it becomes a digital detox and the gadgets do not interrupt sincere conversations and pure fun.
• Overnight in the hotel Pyramiden
Nordenskiöldbreen is a signature of Svalbard, one of the most beautiful glaciers on the archipelago and surely, the most well-known one. The glacier tongue gets into the glacial plateau of around 600 sq.km area and its wall shake the imagination with the height and colors. Thunder-like sounds of its ice pieces can be heard yet from the town of Pyramiden.
Pyramiden is a settlement located at the bottom of the mountain and named after it. It was founded in 1911. It's a town located in between mountains, the huge glacier and moraine. In 1956 the settlement started coal production and in the 1970s-1980s a perfect socialism model system was built. In 1998 Pyramiden was preserved but its infrastructure arranged in the Soviet period has come down to us. Anyone who has spent at least a couple of hours in Pyramiden makes a point in this place's uniqueness. Today the town is open and it grows as a tourist location. A boiler house, hotel, restaurant and film stock cinema have been renovated. Pyramiden attracts not only tourists but also film directors, journalists, free riders and bloggers from all over the world.
DAY 2. SUNDAY
• Breakfast in the hotel restaurant
• Short hiking in the surroundings
One of the best ways to explore the region is to walk and hike in the surroundings of Pyramiden which is very special and various in its mountain landscapes. There is a number of routes on every taste and level of training.
• Visit to the Souvenir Shop and Post Office
• Lunch in the hotel restaurant
• 4:00pm - Departure to Longyearbyen by MS Billefjord.
• 7:30pm – Arrival to Longyearbyen